Registration is closed!
Dear SASMO 2018 Winner (Gold, Silver and Bronze) from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan,
It is a great pleasure to invite you to participate in
- Singapore International Math Olympiad Challenge (SIMOC) 2018 to be held in Singapore from July 6 to 9, 2018.
- International Junior Math Olympiad (IJMO) 2018 to be held in Thailand from July 27 to 31, 2018. (Only Gold Award and Silver Winners)
Participating in these 2 competitions is optional. SASMO 2018 winners will get medals and certificates regardless whether they choose to take part in SIMOC 2018 or IJMO 2018.
International Junior Math Olympiad 2018
July 27 to 31,Thailand
The International Junior Math Olympiad (IJMO) is an international mathematics competition which is held annually in different countries across Asia. IJMO is organised by SASMO in collaboration with the National Math Societies in each Asian country to identify and encourage potential young math talents in every SASMO participating country. To be eligible for participation in IJMO, only SASMO Gold and Silver Awardees from each country are selected annually to represent their country.
For more information about the contest, please visit IJMO website (https://ijmo.asia/)
Student – $740 Singapore Dollars (inclusive of contest fee, travel package and gala dinner)
Accompanying person – 685 Singapore Dollars (inclusive of the travel package and gala dinner)
IJMO 2018 Itinerary (click the link)
Registration is based on First-come, First-serve basis, since the number of participants is limited to 500 students from 5000 winners. Once 50 students register, the registration will be closed.
Singapore International Math Olympiad Challenge
July 6 to 9, 2018
Singapore International Math Olympiad Challenge (SIMOC) is a unique concept of mathematics competition which not only tests your ability to solve mathematical problems on pen and paper but also tests your ability to work as a team to play interactive mathematical games and solve puzzles. SIMOC gives you an opportunity to compete with top mathematical talents from around the world and learn from each other as a team. Individual and team recognition awards are up for grabs.
SIMOC consists of three categories: 1 individual written Math Olympiad Contest for grades 2 to 10 (Primary 2 to Secondary 4) and two team based challenges – Maths Warriors Competition and Mind Sports Challenge.
For more information about SIMOC competition, please visit SIMOC website
Student – $730 Singapore Dollars (inclusive of contest fee, travel package)
Accompanying person – $575 Singapore Dollars (travel package)
- Travel Package (click on the link)
- This is the only travel package option. To run the SIMOC event smoothly, the organiser does NOT allow any other travel arrangements. Every student who is willing to join must follow this package.
- Parents and students must purchase their own round tickets from your hometown to Singapore. You must arrive to Singapore on July 6, between 11 am and 5 pm and depart Singapore on July 9.
- Travel Package doesn’t include any sightseeing, lunch and dinner. The lunch will be provided to students on the contest day.
**Please take note that the parents will not be allowed in the contest venue on July 6, 2018.
Registration is based on First-come, First-serve basis, since the number of participants is limited to 1000 students from 10 000 winners. Once 1000 students register, the registration will be closed.
Before you start the registration, please carefully read travel packages for SIMOC and IJMO.
- This form is only for SASMO 2018 awardees from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The registration form cannot be viewed on a mobile phone. Please use laptop or PC to register.
- The payment must be done by Debit/Credit Card.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that the submitted information is correct.
- An email will be sent to you once the registration is successfully completed.
- There will be no refunds as SASMO has reserved a spot for your child.